Slice of Life Tuesday
Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for hosting Slice of Life Tuesday. Please visit their site to read other slices.
Today has been one of those days and my propensity to procrastinate has made it necessary to write a very quick Slice of Life this evening. I missed last week and didn't want to miss two weeks in a row.
Five Things That Made Me Smile Today
1. My day started at Bob Evans as I had breakfast with a friend this morning. Breakfast at Bob's on Tuesday morning is an eleven year tradition that I never miss.
2. As I began to show my students how to divide using partial quotients, Camille said, "Oh, now that's the correct way to divide. That's how my mom told me to do it." We've been using different strategies to divide and today was the first day I drew the division box around the dividend. It wasn't long before she realized that we were not doing traditional long division. I'm not sure if she still considered my way the "correct" way or not.
3. I got my hair cut and colored tonight. I LOVE getting my hair shampooed at the salon. I almost fell asleep in the shampoo chair!
4. I worked late getting ready for a sub. My husband sent me this text as I was leaving school. The whole way home, I looked forward to the homemade enchiladas he and Annie made.
5. I am now home, my belly is full, and I'm drinking hot chocolate. The car thermometer showed the outdoor temperature was 5 degrees. (I don't even want to know what the wind chill is). I'm happy to be home and get my SOL done before nine o'clock.
Have a great week!