The last 2 weeks have been filled with celebration. I focused solely on taking time for my family and myself over our holiday break. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated. I felt a little guilty that I didn't do any school work, but I got over it quickly. :)
So, I laughed out loud when Cathy Mere shared this site with me last night. You'll want to check it out if you are in any way a procrastinator. http://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinchirico/problems-only-procrastinators-understand
Cathy and I are kindred spirits and we always get a chuckle at the way we work together. When we present together, you'll find us hurriedly finishing up at the last minute...each apologizing to the other for leaving things to the last minute; both secretly glad that we understand each other's ways so well.
So, today, I am going to celebrate the things I finished today that I've been putting off...
1. The holiday mess is finally cleaned up. Zach has gone back to school, which means my kitchen will stay clean. (It also means no more fresh bread waiting on the counter for me).
2. I unsubscribed all of those annoying emails that at one time I thought I needed.
3. I got some writing done that's REALLY needed to get done.
4. I read 5 books over break...4 middle grade books and one professional book. I loved them all and it gives me something to blog for It's Monday, What Are You Reading?
5. I downloaded a new book on my iPad (You're Made for a God-Sized Dream by Holley Gerth) and will be reading it with my sister who lives in Florida and 2 friends from school.
6. My husband and I tried a new restaurant today. Since no one in my family (besides me) likes sauerkraut and my son is a vegetarian, we didn't have the traditional pork and sauerkraut dinner on New Year's Day. I got a kraut dog today, which I think counts as my good luck pork and kraut.
7. I watched a news segment about Lu Ann Cahn who just got her book published, I Dare Me: How I Rebooted and Recharged My Life by Trying Something New Every Day. I was intrigued and decided that for 2014, I want to try something new every week. It's become very easy for me to stay in my comfort zone. Today, I not only tried a new restaurant, I made a new recipe for Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup. I know I need to venture outside of trying new recipes and new restaurants or I'll be needing to find new ways to lose weight. :)
Don't worry...I am still procrastinating on getting lesson plans done. I'm hoping that the snow storm that is forecasted means another day off school on Monday and I'll get one more day to procrastinate.
I hope this week brings you many things to celebrate!