It's been a crazy, hectic week, so Saturday's celebration link-up is much needed.
1. This might be the most important...it's 5:30 and it's still light outside. That gives me hope that it really will stop snowing at some point and spring will arrive with sunshine and warmer temperatures.
2. Poetry is opening the doors to writing for many of my students. I've been able to step back and watch several of my boys blossom. I even overheard one of my "cool" boys say to a friend, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really like writing poetry."
3. I got word from Troy Hicks that the book a group of us is working on is now a go! That means lots of work is ahead of me, but I'm very excited about it. I will definitely need to make sure that I am writing every day.
4. Cathy Mere and I along with some teachers from our district are working through Crafting Digital Writing by Troy Hicks. We meet every two weeks with the goal of stepping outside of our comfort zones as we explore digital writing. I love our group...everyone jumps in to help each other, the conversation is great, and we have fun.
5. Last, but not least, my after school digital writing club for 4th and 5th graders had its first meeting this week. Nineteen students signed up to spend the next 6 Tuesdays writing digitally. Interestingly, many of them joined because they think it will help them because they have "bad handwriting." (And, no, that's not how I advertised the club.) :) Little do they know how much they'll learn and be able to do that has nothing to do with handwriting and everything to do with creating, making purposeful decisions, and connecting with others outside of our small community.
Here's wishing everyone a week full of celebrations!